Thursday, August 2, 2012

Puentes de Castellfullit de la Roca

Puentes de Castellfollit de la Roca, acrylic on canvas, 105 x 75cm
This is the current state of the piece documented yesterday.  As I quoted from Leonardo de Vinci over lunch to Isabel and Sabina, art is not finished, only abandoned.  Isabel thinks this one needs more work.  I am abandoning it for now.

What I have found interesting, and not particularly easy, is the tension between the organic flow (which in my visual semantic is dominant) and structural geometry, here the general outlines of a bridge in the process of being blown apart, deconstructed, dissolved.  As I wrote about in the post below, the significance of the dominant power of flux and change vis-a-vis human constructs, is more and more evident to me these days both culturally and interpersonally.

I have two more canvases grounded and another well into the soup, so to speak.  Must work hard this week since we have upcoming side trips.  Still, it all contributes to the integration of the art and the incidence of being here, if for no other reason than to underscore the existential constancy and tenuousness of life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment