Friday, July 20, 2012

Sketchbook pages
Am considering my options relative to a series of paintings while here in residence.  My favorite idea this morning is to do some composite multiple compositions such as I did a few years ago.  I want to represent several separate modalities (landscape, cultural references, abstraction, etc.) such as occurs to my mind in this setting.  I bought rolls of prepared canvas and plan to work on a work board with clips, offering the opportunity to compose freely and assemble the pieces later.  The advantage is that I can be a poet, in effect, combining imagery like words....in sequences that may startle, amuse or create quasi-narratives.   There is a strong school of landscape painting in the Olot area that I want to learn more about.

No comments:

Post a Comment